Address by values
Leadership by values is a type of leadership based on the substitution of norms for values. It is pursued that the objectives of the company are in line with the principles of the workers.
Management by values aims to make workers feel comfortable and proud of being part of a responsible and ethical company. In this way, employees increase their degree of belonging to the organization and make them more productive.
In this style of management, the upper ranks are characterized by being close to the lower ranks, allowing a better functioning of the work team. Both the company and the bosses have certain values with which employees feel identified. Consequently, teamwork is encouraged and performance is increased by achieving synergies between them.
The objectives set by the organization when conducting a management by values must be realistic. This leadership style can generate excess motivation among employees, therefore, unattainable goals will result in the demoralization of staff members. This situation will have a negative effect on productivity.
Objectives of management by values
When you decide to carry out a management by values, you intend to achieve the following goals:
- Simplify: The management of a company and its entire human team is very complex, in this way it can be lighter.
- Harmonize: Manage to reduce the number of conflicts and inefficiencies among workers.
- Guide: Indicate the path that the company must travel in the long term to achieve success and achieve the objectives set.
- Commit: Employees must be committed to the company and exploit their full potential in their workplace. When you build engagement, you increase productivity and get better results.
Steering characteristics by values
Among the different attributes of management by values we can highlight the following:
- It gives value to the opinion of the employee and makes him participate.
- The motivation of the workers is a key aspect.
- The company is endowed with greater flexibility in relation to changes in objectives or variations in work processes.
- The company has established certain values and they are known by the entire workforce.
- It is a management style focused on the medium-long term.
- Alignment between business objectives and ethical and emotional values.
Management benefits by securities
Carrying out this style of leadership allows to obtain the following positive consequences:
- Increased productivity due to greater motivation of workers.
- Greater involvement of employees.
- Team spirit.
- Improvement of the corporate image, both internally and externally.
- It encourages internal communication, favoring the work environment and reducing the number of mistakes made.
- Staff members will be able to feel fulfilled.
In short, management by values claims that workers do not have rules to comply with, but rather that the values they possess make them perform their functions correctly. Consequently, an increase in the motivation and productivity of the employees is pursued.