The salary equalization consists of a fight for more equitable salaries between the State Security Forces and Bodies and the police of the autonomous communities.
These demands for more even salaries have transcended beyond what concerns the Security Forces and have reached other types of public employees, such as in the case of health and education.
Key aspects of the pay gap
The increases in the salaries of the regional police forces have caused their salaries to be higher than those of the National Police and the Civil Guard. But, how does this salary difference manifest itself in the payroll?
- Higher base salary of the regional police compared to agents of the State Security Forces.
- Unpaid overtime for national police and civil guards, which are compensated with hours off.
- Autonomous police officers receive remuneration for the hours they dedicate to attend trials. On the contrary, the National Police and the Civil Guard do not usually receive remuneration for this, but are given free hours. Moreover, police and civil guards must pay for their travel.
- Higher extraordinary payments for regional police officers.
- The agents of the regional security forces have higher contributions to Social Security, which allows them to enjoy a higher pension upon reaching their retirement.
Measures to equalize salaries between the State Security Forces and Bodies and the regional police
Among the possible solutions that are being considered to alleviate the salary differences between regional security forces and state security forces are the following:
- Greater budget to achieve an increase in the salaries of the agents of the National Police and of the members of the Civil Guard. This increase in the budget should translate into an increase in salaries that places the National Police and the Civil Guard at the level of the Mossos d'Esquadra and Ertzaina.
- Salary supplements for those agents who carry out their work in more dangerous destinations.
- Meetings with associations and unions that allow the Ministry of the Interior to know the demands of the members of the State Security Forces and Bodies. These organizations can indicate which are the complements that must be increased or specify those aspects of the payroll that must be improved.
- To have reliable information that allows an adequate comparison of the salary differences between the autonomous police and the state security forces.
- Clearer and more understandable payrolls that allow distinguishing between the different concepts. In this way, it will be possible to understand more easily the great diversity of payrolls between the different police specialties.
Tags: ranking Colombia famous-phrases