The Latibex is a stock market in which the securities of Latin American companies are traded in euros. This market is based in Madrid and operates on the Spanish stock market, which is why it is regulated by the National Securities Market Commission (CNMV). It is part of the holding company Bolsas y Mercados Españoles (BME).
The Latibex market was born on December 1, 1999 and with it, the possibility for Spanish and European investors to channel their excess savings to companies with a Latin American passport. Companies from Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Chile and Peru are represented in this market.
Trading in this market is carried out in euros, which is a great advantage for Spanish and European investors by eliminating the possible risk of the exchange rate. The advantages are not only for investors, but also for the companies that appear in it, since Latibex provides them with a favorable framework to cover their financing needs, through the issuance of their titles in this market.
Latibex securities are traded through the Spanish Stock Market Interconnection System (SIBE) and the accounting record is carried out by Iberclear, as are the rest of the securities listed on the Spanish stock market.
The trading hours are established from Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (opening auction with a random closing of 30 seconds) continuing from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (open market phase) and ending with the price closing time at 17:30. This is determined by the midpoint of the fork rounded up.
Latibex main features
- Single market with a single contracting and settlement system.
- High standards of transparency and security with international recognition.
- High liquidity due to the fact that its schedule coincides in whole or in part with that of the European and American markets.
Requirements for joining Latibex
The requirements for a company to be listed on this market are the following:
- The security in question must have been previously admitted to trading on a Latin American Stock Exchange.
- The capitalization of the company must be greater than 300 million euros.
- The company must assume a high level of information transparency, sending the required information to the market in the same form and term as to the regulatory entities of the markets of origin.
Latibex market stock indices
The calculation and dissemination of the Latibex indices are prepared in collaboration with FTSE. Within this there are 3 indexes:
- FTSE-Latibex All Share: This includes all the companies listed on the Latibex.
- FTSE-Latibex Top: It is made up of the 15 most liquid securities.
- FTSE – Latibex Brasil: This contains the most liquid Latibex-listed securities belonging to Brazil.
Tags: economic-analysis Argentina bag