A computer is a machine that stores and automates information through computer programs specifically designed for this task.
The first computer dates from the year 1936, and was called Z1. It was created by Honrad Zuse, and its computer system was programmable in nature.
However, no one gambled and saw benefits in this machine, it was not until after a few years that it was noticed.
In 1942, ABC Computers thought that a computer could have a certain future, so it carried out the Harvard Mark I, with a very cutting-edge and innovative technology for that time.
IBM was the company that excelled in the creation of computers. In 1953, his IBM 701 EDPM proposal became an innovative machine that managed to develop public and private servers.
Later, in 1954, the Fortran programming language was developed, an initiative to learn and start programming in a simpler and more accessible way.
However, it would not be until the 1980s when the personal computer or personal computing (PC) would be born. A computer designed for all audiences.
The rest is the living history of computers. Companies like Apple, Microsoft, or IBM itself have created innovative computers, with advanced technology and accessible to anyone. Not only do research centers or institutions have computers, but any home has them.
In addition to the programming languages, the design, the size and the possibility that they can be transported at any time have been perfected. Desktop computers and laptops dominate the market, and they have been a great business deal.
Parts of a computer
They are as follows:
- Hardware: It is the part that includes memory, peripheral systems, and the central processing unit. It can be noted that it is about the physical elements, the tangible material of said machine.
- Software: They are the programs that make up a computer, the intangible part, but necessary for its proper functioning together with the hardware.
Advantages of the computer
The advantages of the computer are:
- It is an excellent work tool to facilitate processes, automate information and save time. It is a safe and effective investment.
- Its use is very simple. The companies have taken it upon themselves to make it accessible for the benefit of any user.
- It facilitates communication no matter where the users who are managing computer tasks are.
- Savings in media such as paper, since the information is sent digitally, such as email, or online messages.
Disadvantages of the computer
The disadvantages of the computer are the following:
- A common problem is excessive use of the computer. Many jobs require many hours a day in front of this machine, and it can lead to a somewhat sedentary life. The ideal is to go making stops and moving every hour.
- Eye problems, such as dry eyes, itching, among others. Rest your eyes from time to time will be necessary to avoid this type of discomfort.
- Addiction. It is one of the inconveniences, and diseases that arise, especially in children and adolescents. For this reason, it is best to control a time of use, and also use parental control tools.