Positioning is a marketing concept based on the placement by companies of their brands in the collective imagination of consumers.
Through marketing mechanisms, companies make customers have a particular perception of them. This is what positioning is all about.
Through positioning, a company seeks to have a distinguished and positive position in terms of the opinions that its potential clients may have of it. This knowledge helps the creation of different actions in the life of a firm or organization and decision-making, especially in the field of marketing.
Positioning is an important mechanism in terms of measuring competition, since companies seek to know what they cause in people in the face of their reaction to their usual competitors, assessing this perception and drawing conclusions from said analysis in the face to future marketing strategies.
Alternatively, positioning allows companies to know if the image they wish to project to the world is the one that is received by consumers of their goods and services, this comparison affecting brand image, reputation and corporate image.
Common elements in a positioning strategy
- Good positioning must go hand in hand with differentiation from competitors, seeking distinction and originality while avoiding repetition and copying.
- It should not lead to misunderstandings, as it should serve to give a true image of the nature of the firm and the unique virtues of its products.
- Everything related to the positioning strategy has to be perfectly measurable from the economic point of view, in the search for profitability.
- Marketing positioning must be synonymous with the creation of value and must never deteriorate the image of the company or its operation in the market.
Often companies take into account a series of elements on which to build a positioning improvement strategy. In this sense, it is usual to take into account factors such as the age and history of a brand, its importance for the economic fabric of a territory, its number of employees, its level of leadership in the market in economic or innovation terms or, very commonly the price range of your goods and services.
It is the process by which, through techniques and strategies, a brand is located in the Internet environment. See full entry on digital positioning.
There are 2 types of digital positioning, organic or SEO and paid or SEM.
- SEO: The better these tasks are performed, the more visibility the web will have, since it will appear in a better position in the search engines for quality.
- SEM: to achieve a SEM positioning a financial outlay is necessary. In search engines we usually see this type of positioning in the first or last 2 or 3 positions.
Tags: cryptocurrencies opinion passes