Labor productivity in marketing is the result of optimizing the number of hours worked within each work day or project.
In short, execute the proposed work in the shortest possible time with a high degree of quality. It is also the relationship between what is produced and the means used to achieve it. Be more efficient in the office or in any other workplace. Therein lies the key.
Being more productive is not synonymous with working tirelessly. The objective is none other than to organize well, sift what is important from the less transcendent, focus the effort towards that task and pay full attention.
This is the only way to achieve effective labor productivity. The marketing strategy of a company, brand or individual must prioritize the sale of the product or service in the best possible way, optimizing all available resources.
How to improve labor productivity
These would be the most prominent options to improve in this regard:
- Planning: It is very important to know in advance the tasks to be carried out so as not to improvise with the consequent loss of time that it entails.
- Beware of time thieves: Constantly looking at email, social networks, messages, among other actions, can interrupt the time of concentration and work. Allow time for these tasks and avoid doing them consistently to improve daily productivity at work.
- Take some time: Resting between tasks, and taking time for a breather is totally normal and will help you breathe air and change actions with much more energy and concentration.
- Learn to delegate: If you have a business it is important to take this aspect into account to focus on the activities in which you are a specialist, and to continue growing thanks to the action of delegating to other people to perform various jobs.
Example of labor productivity in marketing
We can measure labor productivity through various parameters, for example in this case taking into account some of the indicators that are now shown:
- Customer satisfaction: We will obtain the results by dividing the total number of customers served by the complaints or compliments received.
- Measuring the ROI: Or what is the same, the profitability of the investment made. It is calculated in this way: (Return-investment) x 100
- Acquisition rate: It is used to know the number of new customers in a specific period of time.
- Conversion rate: It is nothing more than knowing how many customers who have been interested in a product or service at a certain time, finally end up acquiring it.
Productive marketing tools
Take note of the following:
- To automate tasks: Hootsuite allows you to automate any publication of content on social networks.
- To work as a team: Google Drive allows you to share files with other users. Trello organizes tasks like columns, stratifying them and prioritizing the most important ones.
Rewards that are obtained if work productivity is improved
These are some:
- New work projects can be taken on: The company or company grows, obtains more profits and reinvests them in new objectives.
- It is comforting on a personal level: If tasks are finished earlier and better, more free time is available for leisure.
- Encourages creativity: By focusing effort on a task, you can give your best.