An information system is made up of a series of data linked together to achieve a common objective.
An information system has as its main objective the management and administration of the data and information that compose it. The important thing is to always be able to recover that data, and that you also have easy access to them with total security.
The components of the information system allow a series of processes that consist of: data entry, management and processing, storage and output for all those interested who wish to have access to this type of information.
The elements of the information system work together and with the same objectives to achieve the correct use and administration of any specific information.
How an information system works
This is the usual methodology:
- Information input. In this step, the information is entered automatically or manually, depending on the technique used to include the data. The manuals are entered directly by the user, the automatic ones are managed through information received or from other types of areas and modules. The most common forms of entry of records and data are the following: barcodes, a computer keyboard, cash registers, voice systems, a scanner, among others.
- The processing of registered information. In the system there are a series of operations and actions that have previously been configured and established. Once the information has been entered, this data is transformed into information required for decision-making, assessment, research and analysis to carry out a balance or general vision based on the contents that result from this process. .
- The storage of information. This option allows the information to be registered in the system, on a computer, for example. In this way, if you want to review or access it when required, it will always be stored and accessible for the tasks that are required. In computers it is usually stored on internal hard drives, or removable, or even on the usual CDs, although its use is usually less, and in many computers the support for them is no longer included.
- The information output. In this case, the information that is included in a certain medium and previously processed, facilitates a user to have access to it and can retrieve it through different devices such as: usb, printers, voice systems, among others.
The most prominent information systems
These are the main systems that exist:
- Information systems in marketing and communication. Its main objective is the sale and promotion of articles. The creation of information and data so that these types of articles can be made known and are of interest to the public.
- The administrative information system (MIS). It is one of the most important, and is based on providing the most outstanding and relevant information that the company needs for decision-making, and data assessment to carry out a subsequent action plan based on this collection of documents.
- The transaction processing system (TPS). In this case, the data included here refers to the commercial activities of the company.
- The executive support system (EIS). Designed especially to provide relevant information and data for making specific strategic decisions.
- The Group Decision Making System (GDSS). The information is intended to be shared among the members of the group so that work tasks and cooperation among all are facilitated.
- The Expert Information System (EDSS). In this case, what we are trying to achieve is to share data of interest between certain segments and specialists to assess that information intended for them.
Tags: Business bag accounting